Sunday, November 11, 2007

Veteran's Day

On Veteran's Day we traditionally remember those that served in the service of our country, but as I sat in church this morning I couldn't help but think of those who serve for a different cause, the cause of Christ. You see, at the same time all the Veteran's were standing up to be honored my husband was taking off for home from the country of Mexico. No he wasn't there fighting a threat to our American way of life he was there aiding in the cause of the fight for the reason we even have life. Now please don't get me wrong, I am as patriotic as I can be. At the air show we were at yesterday I got chills and tears fill my eyes as I watched our flag being raised into the air. It just concerns me sometimes though that we fail to honor our Christian veterans, those that have gone into the world for the reason of spreading the gospel. They are the ones that have truly "wrestled with the powers of all darkness". I have little boys who are mesmerized with anything to do with the military, they are awed by the power of being a soldier. If my sons should choose to serve their country I will be proud, but I want to get across to them how awesome it is to serve in the "Lord's Army". I want their heroes to be people who live their lives to make it harder for Satan's power to have a hold on the world. Here in HS we are so blessed to have an abundance of these heroes, people who we sometimes don't notice because they aren't the dynamic up front types. They are the ones who have served for many years and are now taking a rest from the front lines, if you listen they all have stories to tell. Stories of how they fought the enemy and won. As we celebrate tomorrow let's not forget to honor All the soldiers who have made our way of life possible.

5 comments:

Liz said...

It's funny you should mention this as Jordan C. was at our church yesterday preaching as a student preacher. His sermon was on this very thing...how we as Christians need to stand up and take back America as Satan is waging a war against us everyday. He did an excellent job. I was very touched by his message and I know Ray and Vicky would have been and are very proud of him. Good post.

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Great post Kayla and a hardy "AMEN". Thanks for reminding us that we are truly all "soldiers" for the Lord. So sorry Harold was out of the country for the air show. I know how much the boys were wanting to fly the "friendly skies". Take care and thanks for sharing.

Eileen said...

Kayla this is the best post I have ever seen. It is beautful. I say a big "AMEN" and dito to what you have said. May the Lord bless you and your family. Love & Prayers, Eileen

Twila G. said...

Very inspired post! Thanks.

jenny said...

What a great perspective and beautiful allegory to honoring our veterans.