Monday, November 12, 2007

Mega Bash and Mexico

Does anyone out there remember Country Fun Day? I thought a few of you might. Anyway, it has now been replaced by the Mega Bash, a night of wild jumping fun. The Academy does a fund raiser every year, the kids who sell twelve items or more get to go to the Mega Bash during school hours and then they open it in the evening to anyone who wants to come. My boys look forward to it from the beginning of the school year. Here are a few pictures for those of you who would like to know what you are missing.
Here is the ensemble of jump houses. Exciting huh!
Collin playing Basketball.
Harold and Dylan hanging out. Notice his Bomber jacket my Mom got him. His brothers keep trying to steal it.
Twila, this one is for you. Talitha and Alaina looking pretty. Congratulations to Alaina who won the regional spelling bee for her division and goes to state competition this weekend.

I spent this past weekend without my husband. Do I get any sympathy for that? Every few months Samaritan's Purse asks for special flights to deliver humanitarian supplies to Central America. They requested a special flight into Mexico to deliver water filtration systems to the region that has had the extensive flooding. You can see in the picture below where the river normally runs by the tree line. Everything around is covered.
The systems loaded and ready to go. They had to climb over them to get to the cockpit.
Unloading in Mexico.
Getting ready to come home. It was a privilege for Harold to take our neighbor John who was a missionary in Mexico for many years. Since they spent the night in town where they had no contacts, it was up to him to show them the ropes.
It was nice that SP footed the bill. As you can see from the picture of the hotel they were really suffering affliction on this trip.
The boys and I survived the weekend but we were very happy to have Daddy back on Sunday night. Thanks so much to those of you who keep us in your prayers when Harold is flying. You will never know how much it means to us.

9 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

No bomber jacket ever looked cuter on a baby!!!

Even though I 100% enjoyed my mini college friends reunion I did wish that night were when I wasn't going to be out of town, I love watching the kids have such a great time...at least they could still enjoy it and Rick survived keeping track of them! My kids start asking when the Mega Bash will be from the first day of school too - definitely a favorite of theirs.

So proud of what Harold is doing out there and it's great to see the pictures you post to help us all visualize it a little bit more.

Liz said...

Wow...2 posts in days! Cute pictures...I so miss those functions that the school puts on...sounds like y'all had a great time. Glad Harold had a safe trip!!

Kimberly said...

Harold is truly great, the jacket is really great, & you are remarkably great for all you do..and still have time to say all these good things:) Love Ya!

Twila G. said...

Thanks for the picture of Talitha and Alaina. I miss them all sooo much! I'm so proud of Alaina. Okay, Dylan just looks entirely too huggable in that jacket. What a little cutie!! Yes, you do have my sympathy for being husbandless over the weekend. Harold could not do what he does so well if he didn't have such a supportive wife! You both are such an inspiration to me.

Eileen said...

Kayla, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It is good to hear from you. Thank you again!
I so enjoy viewing your blog. I think of you often. Our prayers are with you. Have a blessed day!

The Dickinsons said...

That mega bash looks like a HEAVEN for kids. =) I know my kids would LOVE it!

So glad that your husband got to help take supplies to Mexico, and that he arrived back safe and sound!! I'm sure that y'all did miss him, and are thrilled to have him back! (No wonder I didn't see him in the church choir Sunday morning, when I watched y'all's service! =)

Love, Heather =)

Julia said...

OK, look where Country Fun Days has gone. What's the deal? We never got AC in the dorm, we never got jumpy thingies, we never got a fancy dining hall. Well, I just hope the kids still turn out as well as we did.

Anonymous said...

How fun! Love the pics. So impressed with both Harold's ministry and your ability to run the house while he's gone!! Many blessings!!

Kim M. said...

My boys would love those jumpy things! I need one of those my back yard. Can you imagine?!!!!
I think what Harold does is so neat. What a great ministry! (and you as a mom of 4 boys).