Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Giving Thanks for Forty-Five Years


This Thanksgiving day marks a special milestone for my parents. On November 22,1962 my parents began their life together. My Dad loves to tease my Mom about eating a drumstick in her wedding dress. She got a little hungry before walking down the aisle, and so she helped herself to some leftover turkey.
There are so many things I could list that I am thankful for, but this year more than any I am aware of the wonderful heritage my parents have given me. They came from backgrounds that were extremely different and yet their love has lasted through all the tests that it has gone through. I have seen them suffer immense loss and yet their faith and their love have never wavered.
They refused to let me throw them a party. I got the usual "you spend that money on those boys" routine. Rest assured though, the day will not go by without some celebration. I pray that God will grant them many more happy years together, and will use them as an example for many others.

6 comments:

Liz said...

Congrats Mr. Woody and Aunt "Rena"!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you all Kayla....and I am very glad and grateful that you are my cousin also!! Love ya!!

Julia said...

WOO HOO for Mr. Woody and Ms. Nellrina. Two of my favorite people in the world.

Misty said...

Congratulations to your parents, they are special people indeed!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Congratulations to your parents!! They are the sweetest couple. Very special!!

Queen Essie said...

How wonderful to have the heritage of parents like yours! You have been very blessed and that shows in your own life. I don't know them well, but enjoyed them the few times we have met. Your dad was always so much fun when we would hang out at your place.

Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly said...

Loved the pic...they are beautiful now and then!!