Friday, November 21, 2008

In Time For Christmas!

This economic downturn that we are experiencing has us all doing a bit of soul searching. People are finding new ways to save and creative ways to increase their income. One dear friend even went to far as to ask her friends for a "bailout". We have decided to evaluate the talent of each of our family members and put their particular talent to work. We realize that there are Child Labor Laws out there, but times are hard and we've just got to do what we've got do. With Christmas coming very soon there be some good or service that we can help you out with. Please look this advertisement over carefully and let us know how we can help you.

RED'S RUG RATS CHILDCARE SERVICE

Being the oldest of four children, Ethan has become very proficient at childcare. Don't be alarmed by the bewildered look on his face or the fact that the baby appears to be crying. He does occasionally bop a younger sibling over the head, but no permanent damage has been done up to this time. So if you need a sitter while you go do your Christmas shopping, give him a call.

COLLIN'S COUNSELING


Last week Collin brought home the Student of Week Award, we were just a little surprised to see that the character trait that he was recognized for was Wisdom. When I asked him what he got the award for he said, "For my head, cause I think a lot". Harold's new favorite line whenever anyone has a question about something is, "Maybe Collin could impart some wisdom on this situation". So if anyone is in need of some special counsel to get them through the Holiday Season, just call Collin.

LANDON'S LIMOUSINE SERVICE

Landon has only recently taken up driving as a hobby, but he is very capable of driving just about any vehicle. Here at home he mostly drives his trucks around the house. If you see any of us with bandages on our ankles please don't get upset, it was our fault for not moving out of the way in time. Actually we are getting pretty good at plastering ourselves to the walls when we hear a rumble behind us. So if you need someone to drive you around to the stores this Christmas or maybe someone to shuttle you to your car after the "Singing Christmas Tree" give Landon a call. Nerve medication recommended.


DYLAN'S DEMOLITION

Destruction seems to lie in the path of Dylan. Most days I get nothing done because he comes behind me and undoes everything faster that I can keep up with. The dirty silverware gets put in the drawer as fast as I load it in the dishwasher. The laundry gets unfolded faster than I can fold. Anything left on the table or the counter has to be pushed all the way to the back or it ends up on his head. This is a talent that I'm sure must be of some use to someone, so I was thinking that we could hire him out to tear down Christmas decorations when the festivities come to an end. The only thing to keep in mind is that you won't be able to save anything for next year. So if you have disposable decorations give him a call.


KAYLA'S CARTOON CAKES


On Landon's birthday I decided that it would be economically wise of me to make a cake instead of buying one. So I found one that looked relatively easy and this is what I came up with. No one said, "Oh Kayla, it's so pretty", they all just laughed when they saw it. That's when I came up with the idea for my business. There are so many ways that you could decorate a cake to it look "human", so I am offering to make cartoon cakes. Just bring me a picture of the person you want a cake for and I'll make a cake sure to bring a smile. This is not for sensitive people.


Since Harold is already the "bread winner" in our family we let him get by without offering up something. If the stock market continues to fall we might have to call on him though. He may of offer plane rides as Christmas gifts. How does "Harold's Highs" sound for a name?

10 comments:

Kim M. said...

You are a hoot! I love it (and those adorable, talented helpers of yours!).


You cake was CUTE! Love it and I might just try that sometime!

Mary Ellen said...

What a great blog - love that sense of humor!

I was already giggling at the cake, LOVE those goggles, and then started laughing out loud at your description...I am in the kitchen, Michael is upstairs and he can hear me laughing - he starts going "Mom, what....what Mom..MOM WHAT?" Great cake!!!

Anonymous said...

I too laughed out loud at the cake. (I especially loved the hair.) It made me so happy! So glad that your family has so many marketable skills. I'm sure you will do well. =) I applaud you for not stooping to ask for handouts. One must have at least some pride. =)

Misty said...

too funny!!! You are very creative!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

That is what I call being resourceful. I think you have the right idea. Just think how hard kids used to have to work on the farm. I love the cake.

jenny said...

I laughed out loud at Ethan's babysitting service...the look on his face is just priceless. We are in desperate need of a night out...if Harold could fly him up will take you up on that offer (we'll just have Isaac wear a helmet to eliminate the head bonks).

Kimberly said...

Child Labor Laws, indeed!
I can make good use of the sitter,the wise man, and the driver while they're down visiting....but demolition man better lay low!:)

lauralavon said...

LOL!

Julia said...

Hey with all our bailout money coming in now, i can afford to hire your boys. Can you make a cake that looks like Allen Greenspan for me? :)

Allana Martian said...

Hilarious! Can my James join Dylan in his demolition business? They could bring in more money as a team. I LOVE the cake! Gives me ideas for upcoming birthdays.... Thanks for the laughs and inspiration!