Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Welcoming Evan Philip

Last night I had the privilege of helping to host a Baby Shower for Danielle to welcome Evan Philip into the world. It's always fun to have the baby there for everyone to ooh and aah over, and I think he got plenty of it. We had it at my house which is always a little nerve wracking, but I think it turned out fine. A shower in the fall can be a bit tricky but we were able to incorporate pumpkins into the decor and Lenita did a fantastic job making the refreshments to go with the season. I thought that I had taken a picture of the food, but now can't seem to find it. I'm very disappointed because the view would have made you hungry. Oh well, here are a few pictures from the evening.

Charlene did a wonderful job making the pumpkin cake, actually it was Caramel Pound Cake in the shape of a pumpkin. Isn't that just too cute. She also make the centerpieces to go with them.

I asked Emily to make bows for the tops of these two white pumpkins, and of course she went above and beyond my expectations to create these. Also a big thanks to Jenny H. for writing on the picture frame. Sure wish I was artistic.

I borrowed my Mom's yard decor ,which is actually a crane, but we pretended it was a stork. They don't usually bring the baby in a pumpkin shell, but it went with the decor.

Since my bassinet isn't in use anymore I decided to pull it out for the evening. Of course Evan didn't get to lay in it with all the willing arms, so it held the gifts.

These are all the ladies who made the evening happen. My Mom helped some but was sitting down when we took the picture. That's me, Lenita, Danielle, Evan, Brittany, and Charlene.


Four generations starting with Great Grandma Wanda, Grandma Carla, Mommy Danielle, and Baby Evan.


With an admiring fan club of his Mommy's best friends.


Note: For those of you who noticed my Uppercase Living quote, I have one of the "Tom Sawyer" pictures of the boys ordered to go above it. I will share when it is complete.

5 comments:

Anita Marie said...

I love what you did with the pumpkins.

Marty said...

Beautiful shower!! I do love the quote on the wall!!! I may have to steal it!! I'm getting ready to place an order for Emma Grace's name so maybe I'll add to my order...ummmm.

I'm sorry that you are having jealousy feelings!!! I'm sure I would feel the same. When you feel that way just go and look at that adorable "TOM SAWYER" picture and you will not feel the same!!! I am blessed to have little Emma thou!!! I think it will take a while for me to get tired of all the pink! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Really impressed with all the creativity. Especially loved the crane bearing his gift in a pumpkin. =) It was really beautiful. Also love the Uppercase Living quote. While I don't have any boys, I still appreciate the truth of it!

BTW, your FL friend is intact. She just happens to really like fall. =)

Kimberly said...

It all looks really pretty! Fancy!

Julia said...

Kayla;

What a beautful shower. I also LOVE the boy quote. I wonder if I put something like that up, if my future daughter in laws would laugh at it or appreciate it? HMM? :)