Saturday, November 1, 2008

Politicoween

The pictures that you are about to view may cause you to think that I have been to a McCain/Palin rally. This is not true, I have been to something much greater. It's the newest campaign strategy, Trick or Treating with the Candidates. Okay, okay not really. In an effort to save money on costumes this year I made my poor kids become political junkies for the evening. Actually they really enjoyed it, one even told me that it was better than Christmas. This year, for the first time, there was an organized event on campus. Thanks so much to Gayle for putting it together. We met in the commons for trunk or treating and then walked around to houses on campus that were participating. We looked like a huge herd coming down the road. I'm hoping we have a lot more participation next year. I plan on making it a yearly event for my kids, it's great to have a controlled environment for them to have fun without all the usual worries of trick or treating. Okay, now for the pictures.
"John McCain"

A brave soldier who sacrificed a tooth in service to his country.
One who puts his life on the line every day to keep us "safe".
"Joe the Plumber"

Imagine our surprise when we drove up and there stood "Sarah Palin".

We may let these two hit the campaign trail.

I didn't get one picture with everyone looking at the camera, but at least I tried.

I was glad that everything washed off. Ethan was very worried about having to go to school with white hair.

Campaigning is proving to be a little too rough for "Joe".

9 comments:

Aimee said...

how cute and funny

becky said...

I love it!!!!

Kim M. said...

Now that is what I call creative!

Kelly S said...

Very cute! You're very creative Kayla. I love the idea of trunk-or-treat. I wish our church would do something similar. We had fun trick-or-treating at the mall this year though.

Kimberly said...

Too cute!! Adorable!! I wish I had been w/ya'll....believe it or not, I dressed up as Palin last night for our church's thing....will post the pics soon.....tell Ethan I wish he had been w/me!!:)

Eileen said...

Kayla enjoyed your blog it was cute with the Politcal thing. Ruth and her friend had a different theme. Take a look at my blog.Sure wish they would have been here though. Thank you for sharing.

Mary Ellen said...

That was so much fun - I'm so glad there was a good turnout, now if only we could get more of those porch lights on. "-)

Your boys looked adorable, you got some great pictures.

Anonymous said...

So great! Your creativity moves me. =)

Misty said...

I love "Joe the Plummer" very creative! Isn't he the one that use to like to carry a plunger around or am I thinking of someone else's kid?