Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Where I Come From

This past week I had the privilege of returning to the "land of my birth". Yes folks, it's true, I'm a Louisiana native. I eat crawfish, gumbo, and shrimp and I am very proud of it. We were there for Thanksgiving and for the 50Th anniversary of the church I grew up in, but I'm getting ahead of myself. The church pictures will come later, this blog will contain the pictures of the first four days. Don't worry Kimberly, I don't plan on posting every picture.
I grew up in the only town I know of that has an alligator in the center of the town. He writes an article every week in the local newspaper. His name is Hardhide. Harold and the boys in front of the cage.

This is for Nellie and Cleo who were amused that my boys took the stuff they found in their yard and made a cannon.
Dylan with his Paw Paw Woodie on Thanksgiving Day.

Stevie carves up the Fried Turkey. Yummy!

Since I have no girls, I enjoyed spending some time with the adorable daughters of my cousins. Me with Kalissa and Katy.
My Mom turned 70 on Thanksgiving Day, so we had two celebrations in one.

On Friday we went into New Orleans for the day. The kids really enjoyed the new Insectarium they just opened. Here's Katy or "Mildred" with the Katydids.
Aunt Kimmy and Collin pose on a giant worm. She's so brave!

Cousins and still the best of friends. Liz, me, and Kimberly.

Ethan's appetite proved to be more hearty than I realized when he ate two worms and eight chocolate covered bugs.
Baby Kyle looks over his Daddy's shoulder with the Mighty Mississippi in the background.
Landon and Katy, two more friendly cousins.

I just realized that I have so many pictures and so little time. Stay tuned cause Sunday's on the way. Dylan's birthday too.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your pics! Looking forward to seeing the rest (and stealing some!) It was so fun....and I miss everybody, too!!xoxoxoxo's

Cara said...

Fun post--enjoyed the pics. Your boys are so cute and funny! Glad you got to spend some fun time with your family.

Cara said...

Fun post--enjoyed the pics. Your boys are so cute and funny! Glad you got to spend some fun time with your family.

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I especially love the one of the boys with their cannon and the one of Katy with the katydids. Her expression is priceless! So glad you were able to spend time with family. See you soon!