Friday, June 29, 2007

On The Road Again

It has come time again for our family to hit the road on deputation, or as someone told us today, desperation. We usually travel for two or three weeks every two years. This time we will be on the road the entire month of July. We are headed west. We are saddling up our horses, cause we've got a trail to blaze. We start out in Louisiana and end up in Idaho. Please keep us in your prayers. We are pulling a trailer behind our van which means Harold has to do most of the driving, or I drive, but never change lanes. Please especially remember the boys, they are very full of energy, and too much van time will be a lot for them to handle. We have plenty of DVD's along so hopefully that will help. After sitting in the car then they have to go to church, so please pray that we all keep our sanity. We are scheduled at 14 churches so we actually have some free time,in which we plan to totally indulge in family time. I will keep everyone posted as to our adventures when I can. McDonald's has wireless internet, playgrounds, and a dollar menu so I will take advantage of that.
Some of my dear friends had a brunch to see me off this morning. They came bearing gifts of snacks, coloring books, and wet wipes. I'd just like to say how great it is to have such wonderful people in my life. You guys know who you are, so "thanks, from the bottom of my heart". It is a wonderful feeling to have friends who when they tell you they will be praying for you, you know you can count on it.
Well, it's almost 1:00am, the last of laundry and dishes are washing, so I will try to get some sleep. I'll be back soon.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kayla~

I have been reading your blog as of late and thoroughly enjoy it! Your family is just beautiful and looks like so much fun!!
Robb and I would love to see you/have you over for a meal while you are in Idaho if you are in the Nampa/Boise area! My email is jfrench@cableone.net.
We will be praying for a safe, pleasant month of traveling. Road trips are great family bonding times!!!:)
Blessings on you!
Julie French

Misty said...

Kayla,

We will be thinking of you and praying for you! Keep us updated on your travels :-)

Misty

Mary Ellen said...

I hope you keep blogging from the road - I'm sure everything will go great, I loved when our family did road trips as a kid - hopefully you won't end up with any stories like my last one! "-) Of all the times I've traveled with kids that is the only time we've had anything even remotely like that happen - I'm hoping that we got it all out of our system at once...for a lifetime! I would love to take a trip out west, hope you get lots of good pictures so we can enjoy the trip with you through your camera lens. Did you end up getting the dual screen DVD player? If you didn't and find you need an extra screen I noticed Target sells an extra screen seperately that can be attached to any DVD player. We'll be praying for your family during the coming weeks.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

We are going to miss you while you are gone. Please be careful and keep Harold awake. We love you guys and are praying for your services and safety--and sanity.

Anonymous said...

You guys are in my prayers. I'll miss you while you're not in town and will be looking forward to updates! Blessings!

The Dickinsons said...

We will be praying for y'all as you do the traveling for July! May God be with y'all! (I do pray for you every day! =) That is sooo sweet of your friends to have that brunch, and give thoughtful gifts like they did! Very nice!

Lord willing, We're to meet the Amazon TLC team this Monday at the airport to get the rest of the things that they have for me...from you! THANKS AGAIN BUNCHES GIRL!!!!

Love, Heather =)

Marty said...

Kayla,

Have a great trip....Larry and I would love to have a trip out west! I don't think that 14 churches would want us to come speak thou!ha!

I loved the blog for Harold and your fathers, Beautiful!! We are very blessed to have wonderful husbands as Dad's and Faboulous Daddy's and Fantastic Father-in-laws! God is Good...All the Time...Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Julia said...

Kayla;

We too, plan a "Out West" trip in 5 years or so, however, I don't think the "Out West" trips we are all talking about even begins to resemble deputation. I'm thinking camping, leasurly days, site seeing. Your talking hours of rushing to get to the next church, while your kids are absolutely crazing from sitting on their tooshies all day, just to sit another hour in church and then be polite at someones house. I'm thinking you NEED prayer. Hope you enjoy the days off to the fullest. BTW, I will talk with Matt about meeting up with you guys, kinda need to check out the budget etc... Hope it works out though.

Kelly S said...

Kayla,

I forgot to post a comment but haven't forgot to pray for you! I feel your anxiety, but if this is what God is asking of you, I am confident that he will help your boys rid of their wiggle worms during the services and provide you with all the patience, energy, etc. that you need to endure this trip. Any chance you'll be in our area?

Truckin Teeds said...

If you need some ideas of points of interest to see along the way, just let us know and I'll give you our opinion of fun places. If at all possible you should try to stop in at Focus on the Family (the kids would LOVE it).

Making Memories 1999 said...

What sweet friends to have a little "send-off" party for you all!

God bless you all on your deputation!! I do pray that the journey will be a good one!! Wish we could see you!

Betty said...

I hope you have safe travels. I don't envy you with all being stuck in a mini van. That's why we have chosen the motor home way of traveling. It's definately wonderful for watching movies, sleeping, eating about anything you could want and bathroom issues. It takes way too long for bathroom breaks otherwise. We'll pray you survive your long hours of driving and then sitting in church. We are about to embark on our 3 week journey as well. Hope you have time to enjoy some sites along the way!

jenny said...

Adding you to our prayer list, for sure!! Although I have NO DOUBTS you will do it all with style. It really will be a great experience for the kids to see new places. Wish you were coming around the Chicago area??