Monday, July 9, 2007

Here I sit in McDonald's once again. Sorry that I have not kept in contact as well as I initially intended. Connections and time restrictions have kept me away, but here I am to let you know that we are alive and well. We spent the first five days in LA getting my parents situated and visiting with family. It was great to be with Kimberly for a few days and get some quality time in. Liz was also there for a couple of days, so I couldn't resist a picture with my cousins who are also my good friends. Harold is still trying to forgive Kimberly for getting us lost in New Orleans. We had two services on Sunday. Since Wed. was the 4th of July we didn't schedule a service, but spent the day with family. We left Fri. morning and headed west. We camped out that night in a state park in TX. On Sat. we drove up to Altamont, KS where Chad and Aimee are pastoring. It was really great to spend some time with them. It is always exciting to see how God is using young people from our generation. After the service on Sun. morning we went back to Tulsa. We were very disappointed that Bro. Gremillion was out of town, but getting to see Brian and Jamie R. made up for it. Since we spent two weeks with them in Haiti, we feel right at home with their family. It is now Mon. and we are back in Altamont. They are graciously letting us stay in their fellowship hall for a few nights. We were unable to schedule a service for Wed. because the church already had a group there. Harold is hoping to tour the Cessna plant tomorrow, one of his instructors from Moody works there now, so we hope to see him. I want to go the original Little House on the Prairie which is only 30min from here. We shall see what the day holds.
The boys are doing well. Thank God for DVD players. It has been a lifesaver. So far they are handling services well, we just have to keep them from falling apart when it is over. God is really helping us, but we still need your prayers. We still have many miles to go, but at this point we are still excited.
I will post some pictures at the bottom. Someone really needs to help me learn how to put them on the post.

17 comments:

Kimberly said...

Too bad I look shifty eyed in that pic.:) Mine came out better..if possible I will show you how to post more pics when you come back through. Thankful ya'll are safe..Harold is a good preacher man! Love to All!
(btw, someone just mentioned that it is possible to "donate" to ya'll via direct deposit on the MFI website..pretty cool!)

Anonymous said...

Kayla,
I'm so happy to hear from you! I was so bummed that you left while I was on vacation and thought maybe I wouldn't get to connect with you. I lost your cell # too. Glad that things are going well so far. I really wish you were gonna be near us somewhere. Would LOVE to see you all.
Love ya!

Oh, yeah...about posting pics in your actual post. The same place you go to type your text there are options at the top. There's kind of a blueish looking "pic" icon. Click on it and it gives you the option of adding pics to your post.
Will you be checking your email at all while you're gone??

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Patricia sure misses those boys!! Glad to hear you are all doing well and having some fun times too. See you when you return.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! Love the pics. I also did notice that Kimberly was looking a bit "shifty eyed" in the cousin photo. You gotta watch that girl. :) Glad you all are doing well so far. Blessings!

Mary Ellen said...

I've known all three of you for a long time but never knew you were all related until this blog!

Wonder if we passed each other on the roads anywhere in KS!?!?

Glad you're trip is going so well.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Kayla, it was so good to hear from you and find out that you are "alive and well." We miss you. Guess what I am doing? -Packing for our trip. I have this list and I am working away. I couldn't resist checking the computer and I am glad I did. We have been praying for you and will continue to do so.

The Dickinsons said...

OK, it was great hearing an update! Thanks! I love the cousin picture...really cute! (Kimber, you looked nice too, don't let them pick on you! =D
I was a bit confused about settling your parents in, Kayla, are they MOVING back to LA, or just visiting?
Glad you got to visit LA and all of the GREAT people there. Wish I could have been there for at least one of the New Orleans trips...remember Mr. Paul taking us...how funny! =)
Yes, we did get the stuff you sent with the Team, and love it all! Thanks again bunches!!
Been praying for y'all, glad it seems to be going good!

Love ya, Heather =)

julie f said...

Yes, we are planning on coming to the reunion. It will be great to see you and the fam!!

Are you in any need of a place to stay while in Idaho? We have a little apartment on our property that is empty and you are more than welcome to use it...there is a nice area for the boys to run and play.

For dinner, are you thinking of Monday, the 23rd? We are supposed to leave for camping that day...I surely hope that another day would work out. We could do it what ever time would work.

Our prayers are with you!!!!!

Julia said...

Kayla;

So good to talk with you the other day. I am so bummed that it won't work out for us to come to Branson. If it were next week, we could probably do it, what a bummer. Anyway, I'm glad to hear things are going so well. I'm confused with Heather, are your parents moving to LA?

jenny said...

So great to read an update. I'm jealous of the visit to New Orleans with Kimber but think you've definitely earned it more by now with all the travels and services WITH 4 boys. I will keep you in my prayers, friend!

Kelly S said...

So glad God is helping you - and glad you're able to actually enjoy the trip! Wish you were coming this way! Enjoyed the pics.

Misty said...

Just wanted you to know I was thinking abut you today!! We kind of passed each other in OK. I have Dylan's pooh toy that he left at Rauschenberger's. Can't wait to hear all your stories when you get home!
Misty

kayla said...

Great to hear from everyone! We are in Branson camping for a few days before we head to Kansas City.
Let me clear up some confusion. My parents are just staying in LA while we are traveling. Since they kind of depend on us, it was easier for them to stay in a place with lots of relatives to keep them entertained.
Pray for me, I have developed a cough that I don't care to pass on to the kids. Other than that we are still kicking.
I don't have time now to actually post, but I will try to leave a more complete update in a few days.

Kim M. said...

Thanks for the update! I can't imagine travelling with boys like that for that many miles. God is obviously helping you. And I see camping pictures so I am sure that is making the little guys happy!

Making Memories 1999 said...

Thanks so much for the update!! So glad you all got to see family and friends!! God bless you all and keep you safe as you travel!!

Kelly S said...

Missing you girl! We need an update soon:)

Karen Carroll said...

Your kids look adorable in your pictures and glad you had a great time. Welcome back to home sweet home. Love, Karen