Monday, June 11, 2007

Golf Tournament



This past weekend was the 2nd annual Hobe Sound Bible College/Academy Alumni Connection Golf Tournament. It was only the 2nd annual because it has been cancelled two years in a row due to hurricanes. It was originally schedule for June 2 this year,but Tropical Storm Barry decided to give us a visit. As president of the alumni dept, you can imagine the work that my poor husband has put into this thing, so when it had to be postponed for a week it just about did him in. This is my excuse for not posting for awhile, I have been trying to stave off a nervous break down. Thankfully the weather was perfect Sat.,and the tournament went on. Pictured above is the team from Keith and Sons Landscaping. (Brent, Dan, Harold, and Mark) I want you to notice how professional they look as they stand there so proudly in their matching outfits. Ladies and gentlemen I am honored to say that you are looking at the 12th place team. The 2nd place team consisted of two thirteen year olds and their Dads. I think they showed up quite a few egos. The day was a success, and around $11,000 was raised to replenish the empty alumni accounts and give the school the left over amount. Jupiter Island Golf Course will never be the same.


10 comments:

Tara said...

Derek will be so bitter that he couldn't be there to play. Don't tell him I said so, but he probably would have been on the 12th place team, too! That is toooo funny that they got beat by teeny-boppers!!
Is the tournament just for alumni living in the area, or is open to others too? That would be a fun tradition.
Hope you guys are doing good. Glad the recipe turned out for you the other night. They are yummy, and kids always love 'em.

Betty said...

They all look dashing in their matching outfits. Glad the rains stayed away this week. Tell your hubby that he did a great job putting things together. Glad they raised a good chunk of change.

kayla said...

Tara; Tell Derek to plan on coming next year. Harold would love it. A couple of people flew in from IN the first weekend and then it got postponed. The bigger the better.

Betty; Thank Rod for all his help.

Kimberly said...

Go Harold! And as for NB's, this weekend people asked me if I was "counseling" again..i said "yea, myself:)!"

The Dickinsons said...

That is NEAT! I thought they looked nice and PROFESSIONAL in their matching outfits! (Even if they did win 12th place. =)

Kayla, last night we started watching the TLC commissioning service and I got to see you and Harold in the back. I was excited that I "found y'all" out of the crowd. =) You are a cute family!

Take care,
Heather =)

The Dickinsons said...

OK...I'm curious what recipe turned out good for you and that KIDS LOVE THEM? (I read Tara's comment!) I'm always looking for fun recipes. Will you share?

Love, Heather =)

Mary Ellen said...

My bro-in-law had a great time playing - glad it went well and they were able to raise some much needed funds.

The two boys I was a nanny for used to love to have me take them to a double decker driving range so they could hit golf balls from the upper deck - they were only about 8 and 11 and were hitting the balls much better and farther than MANY of the adult men. I can't tell you how many times I watched grown men walk by, stop and watch and walk away grumbling and mumbling about how the two little boys could hit better than them, it never ceased to crack me up! My two boys had many a golf lesson from pros - the two teen boys that beat everyone probably did too while all of "our" guys had to learn on their own so they shouldn't feel too bad. "-)

The Dickinsons said...

I just posted a pic of my sewing machine that MFI (and you, and Harold =) gave me, if you want to see it! =)

I hope that you are having a good day in Jesus.

Love, Heather =)

Kim M. said...

Sounds like fun! Michael would be lost though because he doesn't play golf. He has said he would love it, because he loves to play most sports so much (if ya'll can remember). But he has to pick and choose because of time. BASKETBALL always wins with him. He still plays once a week with a bunch of friends. I think men are still little boys at heart!

The Canfield Family said...

Harrrrrrrrrrrrrold!
Dan told me about this......now I get to see the picture!!
Doug