Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Danny Boy"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irzOBTV0xTE
My Aunt Barbara has been here visiting this week. We've had many meaningful conversations which have helped me get in touch with my Irish side of the family. The Muppet's really don't have much to do with my family, I don't think, except that my undying love of Beaker developed on Monday nights watching the Muppet Show at my Grandma's house. My wedding party will remember sitting around watching old Muppet Videos the week before my wedding. I hope you enjoy this beautiful rendition of "Danny Boy", I think Beaker does an outstanding job.

I promise that I do have some serious things to say, that I will soon get around to telling, but for now I just wanted to assure everyone that I am still "kicking".

4 comments:

Kim M. said...

Hey

I used to watch the Muppets too!

My dad used to get my Miss Piggy puppet and peak at me around the corner and say "Come here, Kimmer" in a high-pitched voice. I would run and scream.
He had a sick sense of humor and I think I am still traumatized over that! ha!

I love the part where "Beaker" hits the high note.

Beth From Bynum said...

Beaker was in fine form for this YouTube! Thanks for the light moment!

Kimberly said...

This made me laugh really hard!! You are a nut, but a very loveable one!:) (I love the part where the 2 are being back-up singers!!)

My aunts have been visiting too...special times.

Anonymous said...

One of my very favorites! Another favorites is a memory of laughing 'til we cried at the "Manamana" song before your wedding. :) Great times!