Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Cousin Bill

You don't have to be around my boys long before you hear about Cousin Bill. My boys could talk about him all day, especially since he just sent them all the National Guard stuff their hearts could desire when my aunt was here. It is not strange to see little boys wearing dog tags around our house. It is not uncommon to hear "Yes sir, Colonel", or "Charge" incorporated into their playtime. Since they know that he did sentry duty at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, they now have to watch YouTube videos so that they can properly imitate the Changing of the Guard. In a day when our military is belittled and disrespected so much, I'm glad that we have a soldier in our family who makes us proud. The battalion that he commanded in Afghanistan and Iraq just received the highest readiness award the Army gives. I posted the link below. Let's keep respecting, honoring, and praying for our military men and women. Cause one day it might be your son or daughter risking their life for our freedom.
Receiving the readiness award. (He's the tall one)

















With General Petraeus in Iraq.



5 comments:

lauralavon said...

God bless them--richly!

Anonymous said...

Really cool! I don't blame your kids one bit. I might do some marching myself. :)

Julia said...

Go Bill!

We oft times have ambushes going on here too. Matt's brother is leaving for Afgahnistan in a month and he gave Josiah real camo, the new kind like Bill has on in the picture. It's hard to explain that one must not wear his camo EVERYDAY. :) Come see us and we can let them all do Army maneuvers in the woods while you and I relax with a coffee for you and a Mt. Dew for me. :)

Kimberly said...

Make sure your Dad sees this post! Great pics of Bill and the other military people!

Beth From Bynum said...

Kayla,
You must check into getting your boys involved in Civil Air Patrol as soon as they are 12 years of age! It is an auxillary of the US Air Force and is a wonderful program for kids. My girls have been it for at least 4 years and it has taught them so much discipline and leadership. I know that there are units in Florida.

Is cousin Bill related to you on your dad's side of the family?

Beth