Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Life or Something Like It

Anyone else out there staying as busy as we are? It seems like once the school year is underway the days start literally flying by. This will be a strange and rambling post to update you on the happenings of our household. Of course that means many pictures so hang on cause here we go.


I looked out my window while Harold was mowing, and this was the view. It was so cute I just had to take a picture and share.


Carla turned 40, thought she was getting old and feeble, underestimated the amount of force behind her "hot air" and blew wax all over her cake.


Here are my babies. I love this picture because it shows the contrast in their looks. I may have to put on sign on them when we go out in public that says "Yes, they have the same Mother and Father".

If anyone has an extra boat lying around, we'll be happy to take it off your hands. Poor Dylan may never get to sleep in his bed for fear of being dumped out by the extra passengers every night.


The other morning I heard a horrible clunking coming down the hallway. This is what came around the corner. Okay, so I added the scrunchy, but he did the "kissy lips" on his own.

This is my neighbors car. My boys have fallen in love with it and keep asking if we can get one like it. I'm considering it. It has to get better gas mileage than a truck and I would have peace and quiet in the front for a change.

BAPTISM VS. FORGIVENESS

A couple of days ago the boys were swimming when I looked up to see Ethan repeatedly dunking Landon under water. Landon did not seem the least distraught, and Collin was observing the whole proceeding very somberly. I rushed over saying "What in the world are you doing?". "I'm baptizing him" was the reply. I admonished him very severely saying "You shouldn't be baptizing anyone, and you definitely don't need to do it more than once. You're going to drown him". "But Mom" says the little preacher, "He threw a rock at me and I just wanted to forgive him". Oh my, the explanations to follow. Yes, baptism does signify that your sins are forgiven, but you don't get to baptize everyone who wrongs you to express your forgiveness, especially not if you plan on baptizing them 70 x 7. I guess it's good that we have a pool since it looks like we'll be having lots of Baptism Services. Every one's welcome, come on over. Just make sure you have healthy lungs.

ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER

Yesterday I had the privilege of going with Collin on his first field trip of the year. We went to the Environmental Center. If you ever attended HS Christian Academy, you've probably been there. It was a very fun day learning about Manatees and other sea creatures. I won't subject you to every picture, but here are a few of my favorites.

With his best buddy, Scott.
Things got very intense. As you can see, they kept us on the edge of our seats.
Giggly girls.

Tamara's toes looked so tasty that she almost lost them. Thank goodness for fences!

Lunch partners.


Don't you love the way our Fall colors match the ocean. Oh well, it's part of living in FL.


The whole class.

All the talk about Endangered Species reminded me of an incident that happened a couple of years ago. We were in line at a fast food restaurant when two "older" ladies in front of us started complimenting us on Ethan's hair. One of them said, "I read in the paper that red heads are becoming extinct". A little voice said "Mom,what does extinct mean?". Still trying to be polite and listen to the ladies I, without thinking, said, "It means that their all going away, and soon there won't be anymore". I quickly realized what I had said and looked down to see a very stricken little boy trying to figure out why he was an Endangered Species. Oh the messes I get myself into.





Harold is still very busy doing hurricane relief. There is now another storm forming over Haiti so continue to keep everyone involved in your prayers.


Thanks for reading this strange post, the next will be normal. Maybe!

13 comments:

Misty said...

I saw a bed made like a boat on Craigslist recently, the front part you could use as a desk with a crawl space underneath and the back had a real outboard motor on it. I thought of you but didn't know you wanted another one! I just checked and I don't see it now so it must have sold.....

Misty said...

Oh...just found it $50!
http://treasure.craigslist.org/bab/848237151.html

lauralavon said...

You can do all the "strange posts" you'd like. They're loads of fun to read!

Kimberly said...

I love the mowing pic and the rest as well...sweet!
(well, except for that alarming one of Dylan!:) But I think his mother had quite a high time taking it!)

Marty said...

Loved the post....

Love the boat bed...

Love the field trip...

Love your little "girl"...

Love your boys who look so totally different!!!

Mary Ellen said...

Picture of Dillon is hilarious!

The one of Harold and his shadow mowing the lawn is priceless.

Soon there will come a day when Harold will never have to mow again for about 15 years. "-)

Soooo...are you going to let all your readers know they can watch you speaking in chapel yesterday and doing a fabulous job by posting the link to your video or am I going to have to?!?! (somewhat evil smile)

I'll give you a chance to tell them before I tell them they can click on my picture beside this comment to go to my blog and watch the video (evil laughter).

Anonymous said...

Yay for the Environmental Center! Those were some of my favorite days. BTW, enjoyed your chapel speech. :)

Loved the whole post and feeling very glad I've already been baptized. However, it might help feelings of forgiveness to come more readily if one could "baptize" the offender!

Beth From Bynum said...

Keep your posts coming. I was thinking the other day that our Blogs may be overshadowed by FaceBook, but your post made me want to keep my blog going. Life has just been so busy!!!

There have been a few people I would have liked to "baptize" until they saw the error of their ways! (grin)

Keep writing because it lifts my spirits.

Kim M. said...

I love the stories about your boys... keep them coming!

Marty said...

I just read Liz's new post...Can you come sing for my baby's dedication? I thought I should get my request in soon before other people read her blog and hear about your talents!!!
Love ya!

Liz said...

I just love a little man in high heels..heehee!

Julia said...

Mary Ellen;

Please post that link for us, we will NEVER get it from Kayla. (more evil laughter from another friend!)

Thank You,
Julia

Kayla;

Hey, I so enjoyed this post. It makes me miss you so much. I would love to be able to watch those boys grow up in person. I'm thankful to get to do it via your blog anyway.

Love,(she writes innocently hoping Kayla did not read the above note to Mary Ellen.)
Julia

Julia said...

Hey Kayla how come on my reader there is a post entitled "panel discussion"(I'm assuming from your boys) and then it's not here. I'm anxious to hear some political opinions from your wise young men. I LOVED Dylans interview, in fact he really needs his own talk show.