Monday, December 17, 2007

Chain of Command

Why is it that the oldest child in a family always seems think that it is their responsibility to make sure the younger siblings tow the line? Ethan is constantly reminding his younger brothers that he was born first, as if this entitles him to first dibs at everything. The other day he was preaching poor Collin a sermon about something, I'm not sure what. It wasn't long until Collin's patience was at an end. He looked at his "boss" and said "You're not the boss Ethan, Mommy and Daddy are the boss and Jesus is the Colonel". So if anyone happens to see Harold or I suddenly jerk to attention and salute before we discipline one of our sons you will understand that we are just following the established chain of command.

13 comments:

Ruth and boys said...

love it!!!!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

You my friend are a trip!! Merry Christmas!!

Misty said...

Too cute!

The Dickinsons said...

That is hilarious!!! But he had the chain of command in the right order didn't he?! Too cute!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog! =)

Hoping y'all are having a great Christmas season!

Love, Heather and family! =)

Kimberly said...

Good stuff...i guess they're getting it, huh? My parents loved this story too!:)

Twila G. said...

I laughed out loud on this one! Your kids are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. I always thought that WAS the first born's job. I've been so wrong all of these years.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Julia said...

Beautiful! It is always a payoff moment when our kids give us a hint that perhaps they are "getting it." Sounds like Collin is "getting it."

I do believe it is the oldest syndrom to keep everyone in line. Oh, that they would hold themselves to the same standard as they do their brothers. ;)

Kim M. said...

Justin (my oldest) is the same way about being the boss. Cute story! It's nice when those little things we are trying so hard to teach our kids shows in these little ways (even if they come out when the kids are arguing, at least it is coming out huh?)

CHolden said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one with a bossy firstborn. We have to constantly remind our oldest to "tattle" on the younger sibling instead of "yelling" at her.

Kelly S said...

I love the little guys in uniform! So cute.

Julia said...

Where are you? You are missed my friend.