Friday, May 4, 2007

Just A Few Tidbits

Well, I'm back. I thought I'd give everyone a few days to recover from their shock of my poetry debut. Actually I worked the last two nights, so I've either been sleeping or walking around in a daze.
Julia and Tara have both mentioned rainy weather. We are having a severe drought here. Harold may line the boys up for spitting contests in the yard soon as we are under water restrictions. Try explaining water conservation to little boys. They just think its a good excuse not to take a bath. I guess we could try that, but the water we would use washing the sheets would totally negate the whole effort.
Life is staying pretty much routine these days. Thank God! We are gearing up for end of the school year activities and a busy summer.
Our Bible study group is working our way through the book "Lies Women Believe". This was a prayer from the Puritans that was in the book. I found lots of food for thought in each line. I thought I would share it as we go into a busy weekend.
Grant me never to lose sight of
the exceeding sinfulness of sin,
the exceeding righteousness of salvation,
the exceeding glory of Christ,
the exceeding beauty of holiness,
the exceeding wonder of grace.

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

...and (on a somewhat lighter note) the exceeding blessing of true friendships!

The Dickinsons said...

Enjoyed your post! And that recipe looks good, I'll have to try it. =) I did have to laugh at trying to sing "Deck the Halls" to "Further Along". QUITE INTERESTING!! =)

Have a Great weekend in Jesus,
Love, Heather

Julia said...

Love your recommendations, esp. Deck the Halls. :) Also enjoyed the "newsy" post. I love hearing about the everyday stuff, it makes me feel so "in touch" with your life.

Kelly S said...

Hi Kayla,

Ditto to what Julia said. I miss sharing those everyday moments in my friend's lives. I enjoyed your post. I didn't see the recipe. I'll check it out after I post this comment.

Misty said...

Hey Kayla,

Glad you could make it this morning! I hope everyone is feeling better soon in your house.

I thought you might want the link to my blog. By the way, we need to team up here, you can borrow one of my girls for the Mother/Daughter Dinner and Wes can borrow one of your boys for the Father/Son camping! :-P

Have a good day!

Tara said...

Kayla,
Enjoyed this post. Thanks for sharing it. Also, I made your Ziti Melt and Heather's Cappuccino Muffins on Friday evening, and my family did indeed arise and call me "bless-ed"!!!! Thanks for the recipe. I'm already being begged to make it again :)
Love ya,
th
p.s. still no word here

The Dickinsons said...

Thanks for the recipe, I did try it, and we enjoyed it!

Thanks for signing my blog...isn't that SAD about that poor lady's feet being on backwards? Bless her heart!

Have a great day,
Heather =)

Marty said...

Kayla,

Unfortunetly, we are not going to be able to come for graduation...Christa is none to happy! I told her I would try to make it for her nursing pinning in 2 years...that is more important in my mind! Would have loved to seen you!

Kelly S said...

Did I miss something about someone's feet being on backwards? If you're able, please share. I'm dying to know what in the world Heather is talking about. It sounds so ...funny/sad?! Is it for real?

carla said...

Where does your Bible Study meet?