Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Arrival


No, I'm not pregnant, but I bet I got your attention, I'm just announcing a new arrival to "Blog World". Normally I don't make these announcements, but this was one I knew would bring great excitement to many of you out there. My old high school buddy Joy has started a blog. She is the one to my left wearing pink in this picture. She is one of those friends that even though we don't see each other for years at time, I think of often. I know that those of you who know her feel the same way. She does have an announcement of her own, so go check it out and make her feel welcome.

BTW My Mom still has the dress I am wearing in this picture. She thinks I might be able to get back in it one day. Bless her heart!


I would also like to take back what I said in my last post about being happy that school was starting. I have received my punishment. School has been cancelled the last two days due to Tropical Storm Faye. The kids only got a half day in before the storm hit. We're doing fine, thanks for asking, but there is a lot of flooding around us. Our house is on a hill, believe it or not, so we are high and dry, but the lower areas of our neighborhood are under water. I'll try to post some pictures later. Please keep the people affected by this storm in your prayers. I believe there were ten people killed in Haiti. It's hard to imagine living in a country where there are no resources to help you deal with natural disasters. The missionaries have their work cut out for them in these circumstances, but what a great opportunity to be "Jesus" to some very needy people.

I added a picture Harold's team for the Golf Tournament to the post below. If anyone is interested in seeing what an extremely handsome man looks like, he is the one in the dark pants. Excuse me, I think I am going to swoon.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Glad ya'll are up high, safe and sound. It looked like ya'll would get alot of rain. Too bad for back to school, but thankfully no evacuation!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kayla, for your kind comments. I think of you all often, too. Wow! That picture brought back a flood of memories. What was I thinking when I picked that dress? Anyway, we had lots of fun that night, didn't we? Thanks for announcing my blog. I wasn't sure how to get the word out to all my pals, but hopefully they'll visit my blog and we can reconnect.