Monday, March 17, 2008

"This Kid, This Kid"

It's perpetual motion,

It's continual fits,
It's the carnal nature comin' out in my kid,
This kid, this kid,
So terrible,

This kid, this kid,
So beautiful,

It's the way he giggles,
It's a feeling like this....
While trying to regain control of my house this morning (Monday Morning Syndrome) I became quite frustrated with the youngest member of my family. He got his fingers caught in the cabinets while trying to empty them out, he unmade his bed, and ran out of the kitchen with a box of Raisin Bran. Thankfully I caught him before he emptied that also. I know that I may be a bit strange, but this is the song the kept playing in my head. Right when I feel like wringing his neck he turns around and gives me that sweet little grin and my heart melts. He's sleeping right now so I better go get some more laundry done. Hope you enjoyed this glimpse into a mind that is coming unraveled due to "This Kid".

12 comments:

CharleneOwensMomof2 said...

Hey, I have one of those and can completely relate!! He unmakes, spills, dumps or breaks anything and everything in his way!! We have decided we won't try to fix anything in his room until he is older and outgrown some of these tendencies. But you are so right, just when you think you can't stand another minute of it, they give you one of those grins or a sweet hug and you just melt!

Mary Ellen said...

But he's sooooooooo cute!!!

Allana Martian said...

It's one of life's ironies. That's why we love them so much when they are asleep! James is also a dumper, messer-upper,climb-on-top-of-everythinger, empty every salt shaker in the houser. But when he calls me "Ommy".....sigh! It's no wonder my hair is turning gray! I LOVE your song! It made me laugh out loud.

Misty said...

Hmmm, sounds like my house this morning!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Julia said...

Kayla;
They are especially cute while sleeping. :)

BTW, I think I have that video working now. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, I think the comment before this one is some sort of blog virus thing. Don't click on the link. Or so I've heard.

Kim M. said...

aweee... he's so cute!! And I can totally relate!

carla said...

As my kids were sleeping, ESPECIALLY PHILIP, I would always look at their little hands and feet and wonder how on earth they could get into so much mischief!

Kimberly said...

Bless his heart...you gotta love him!:)

Liz said...

I can actually hear you singing that song!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's great stuff! Really classic. Thanks for the smile.

Also, I just saw your previous post with the house pictures. It's beautiful!!! I'm so incredibly happy for you. What a difference you have made. Isn't God amazing?

jenny said...

Adorable post...I could sing along with you! :-)

Echo Sonja, your home is looking incredible...so happy for you guys!
Your hard work is definitely showing.