Monday, March 24, 2008

Alumni Stuff

As I sit here at my computer this evening the Alumni officers for the HSBC Alumni Association are congregated in the next room. Harold has called a meeting to get everyone in gear for the annual golf tournament. This is not exactly a topic that holds a lot of interest for me. Sorry if that offends anyone. Having them here though reminded me that I never posted any pictures of the reunion and reception that happened at the beginning of the year. There may some faithful alumni out there who would like to see a few familiar faces.


In Jan. Jennifer S. and Ricky C. planned a reunion for those of us that attended the Academy. It was mostly the classes of 91 and 93 with a few others mixed in. We had a great time of reconnecting, laughing at old pictures, and eating. There were six of us there from my class.

The girls: Kayla(me), T.C., Ginny, and Jennifer


The guys: Jason and Harold



Me and Angela



John J, Brent and Anthony



In Feb. we had the annual Alumni Reception during Sea Breeze Campmeeting. It has been moved to Fri. night instead of Tues. night and the attendance has greatly increased. The evening always starts out with poor Paula wondering if we have enough food.


John J. prepares fruit trays while Harold talks.




Bill S. faithfully washes the dishes every year. Paula and I are very grateful for his servant's heart.


Let the festivities begin.
Debbie and Gay give me big smiles.


Two brothers (John and Arnie) chat with an old friend.



Sharon A. and Paula P. take a pause from their visit .




One of my favorite missionary couples, Glen and Stephanie G. with their daughter Kaitlyn.





Bart and Julie with the youngest of their four daughters.




I would love to know what Mrs. B and Paul S were talking about.



Doyle and Sherilyn B enjoying the fun and fellowship.




Well my living room is now empty and the house is quiet, so I better get some sleep while I can.

Hope you enjoyed this brief pictorial view of the events. There will be another reception in Apr. at IHC for those of you who plan to attend. I know that you will be bitterly disappointed to know that we won't be there. There is good news though, Jonathan and Emily will be taking our place, and they have something new to show off. Now you can go through the rest of your day singing "I Want A Principle Within" or "Beside the Mighty Ocean" , which ever you sing I hope you sing with great gusto and fond memories.

8 comments:

Tara said...

Ah, yes..."beside the mighty ocean"....could there BE a greater phrase for a school song? I think not.

Enjoyed all the pics very much. When is the golf tournament?

Hope very much to get to see you this year. We're trying to get some vacation dates together soon!

Liz said...

Oh I was wondering if y'all were going to be there. You know..however much we laugh a your dad's funny and strange comments....you often remind me of him with your sense of humor. I was thinking that when I talked to you the other day but forgot to say it....good ole Mr Woody..we miss him so!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I occasionally do astound and amaze those around me with a rousing rendition of "beside the mighty ocean our school stands strong and true..." It's just one of those songs that needs to be sung loudly.

Anyway, I was bummed that I didn't get to attend the gathering in January. It looks like a good time was had by all. And I will greatly miss you at the old I H Convention. It just won't be the same without you!!

Mary Ellen said...

What's really odd is to hear my older two kids singing those songs! Makes me smile every time.

jenny said...

Yeah for pics of Julie and Bart...their baby girl is adorable!

Kim M. said...

I enjoyed the pics! Thanks for sharing!

a tom said...

Hi Kayla, been many years. Your boys a perfectly adorable by the way and your youngest sounds like my 2 yr old. Quite the hand full. Saw pics of the Hobe Sound reunion on T.C's myspace page and now on yours. It's been cool catching up with everyone again after all these years. Your house looks great too by the way. Love the boys room and that kitchen looks like one that I could have fun making a big mess in. :=) Talk soon. Adela Campbell (Kready)

Making Memories 1999 said...

Enjoyed the alumni pictures, and we will miss you at IHC!!!