Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Power of Paint

This is not the official blog on the "house"but I thought I would give everyone a preview. We are aiming to be moved by the end of the month. Everything is done except for some painting and hanging doors. These pictures are before and after paint and flooring. It is amazing what new paint can do for the atmosphere of a room.
This is the room that we are putting all four boys in. It is huge and they always end up in the same room anyway. Before we painted it I wanted to ask for some Grey Poupon everytime I walked in.
I'm not really into murals so I'm trying for a sky, ocean, sand look without being drastic. My big project for this room is the boat that we are using for Dylan's bed. Yes, it is an actual boat. It was sitting beside the canal for months, so Harold asked the owner if we could buy it. He said we could have it in exchange for cheese. NO, I don't make cheese but I have a BJ's card. So for the price of cheese we have a boat bed. I will be sure to post pictures when it is finished.
This is our room (Harold and I). I zoomed in on the floor so you could see the layer of dog hair that was covering it when we started.
It is now a little cleaner looking I think. Notice the French Doors. When we started they had no trim. The yellow insulation was oozing out.


This is Harold's office. It was yellow with concrete floors before. I'm not sure what happened to the picture. He is so excited to finally have a place to organize his books and papers. He does have to work from home quite a bit, so it will be nice for him to have a place where it is quiet.

That is all I will let you see of the house right now. You will have to stay tuned to see the kitchen, guest room, play room, and dining room.
Last weekend I had the privelidge of attending a Revive Our Hearts conference with Nancy Leigh DeMoss. It was a time of true soul searching. I also had a great time just being with some good friends and sharing lots of laughs. There were seven of us that went together. We have been studying the book Lies Women Believe for the past year. This was a great time for us to join our hearts together and unite as Christian women who are hungry to see God move in our families. There was another group from our church that attended as well. We left behind thirty-eight kids with the fathers in charge. We are so thankful that they all stayed safe in our absence.



To end this rambling post I will share a picture of what greeted my eyes when I opened them this morning. It seems that I have to share my bed with many people these days, but these actually looked so precious that I didn't feel the least bit resentful. Hope everyone has a restful week.

14 comments:

Misty said...

The house is looking nice!! I like those colors. BTW, if you don't mind, could you email your picture from the conference, my camera died so I didn't get much. Thanks!!

Liz said...

Wow! Looks so nice and fresh. Can't wait to see it!! Cute pic of Landon and Dylan.

Allana Martian said...

I'm glad to see the photos of the house. I have been curious...:-)

Mary Ellen said...

Wow - talk about an upgrade!!!

Someone had some frightening color choices, mustardly indeed - and apparently they must also now own a bald dog!!!

Love your color choices, doesn't even look remotely like the same house. I am so excited for you guys.

The last picture needs to be entered into some sort of "children who cuddle and look adorable sleeping contest" - sooo sweet.

Twila G. said...

I'm so excited about your house! I love your improvements. So glad you got to go to the ROH conference. Wish I could have been there too. Thanks for the picture of you all. (If only I could get Talitha to start a blog!!!)

julie f said...

I am so happy and excited for you! I know this project must have been tough while still trying to "mommy" four small boys and keep a simblance of order. You are amazing! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Blessings on your move!

Tara said...

Yay for pics! Can't wait to see the rest of them. I know the house is gonna look great....and I'm so surprised that you plan to be in by the end of the month. That's movin', girl! :O)

Julia said...

WOW! Kayla the house looks beautiful. So do your boys..ok handsome. I always tell Matt that our boys look so sweet and perfect when they are sleeping. :)

So happy for you all. Can't wait to see it in person in May.

Kimberly said...

SOOO excited to see pics. of the house...yay!! So glad your good weekend worked out! And I want to put xoxoxo's on the little sleepers...they do look "perfect" there! Love to All!

Anonymous said...

What an improvement!! So happy for you guys! Also, what a blessing to be able to hear Nancy Leigh DeMoss with such a great group of friends. I know it was a fantastic experience for you all. Blessings!

Kelly S said...

The house is beautiful! Did you and Harold do the improvements yourself or hire out? Very gorgeous and impressive. Love the colors and the hardwood floors. Can't wait to see more.

Your little fellas are adorable. Someday we'll be missing those little visitors crawling in bed with us.

The conference sounds very nice and fun. It's always refreshing to spend time with other women you can relate to and lift each other up and encourage each other. So glad you had a good time.

Betty said...

Your new place looks great. I'm so happy for you! I know how fun it is to decorate a new place although it's alot of work . Enjoy!

lauralavon said...

Looking very nice! Sounds like a great conference to go to also. I enjoy hearing and reading after Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

Marty said...

Wow! How beautiful!!!Would love to see it!