Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Normal Post

After my last post I thought that maybe I should let everyone know that I really am normal. A little demented maybe, but still normal. In order to prove this point I'll give you a little glimpse into the last few weeks of our lives.
My aunt and her best friend came from IN to pay us a visit. We hadn't seen her for about six years, so she had never met Landon or Dylan. It was really wonderful to be together again. Of course it made my Dad extremely happy to spend some time with his little sis. Dorothy has been Aunt Barbara's best friend for many years. She came with me to help Collin's class make yarn pumpkins, it was quite an experience. The pictures I took of Aunt Barbara didn't turn out because of the lighting. You have no idea how sad that makes me.
Last Wed was hat day at school. Ethan desperately wanted to wear a shoe on his head. I guess he though that would take the prize for the most original. As you can see I didn't let him. How do you keep a shoe on your head anyway? As he was walking out the door he asked if I would staple an apple on his head. Go figure.
The boys were off school on Thurs and Fri so since I had to work Thurs night and would be sleeping Fri. morning we decided to make a day of it on Thurs. We met Harold at Al's Red Barn for lunch. It is not far from the airport in Ft. Pierce. It is such a fun place to take the boys. They have a restaurant on one side with really tasty American food and wonderful authentic Mexican. On the other side is a little gift shop. It is a really great place to buy FL candy and other memorabilia. They even sell alligator jerky. Oops there I go with gators again. This picture was taken on an old tractor that sits out front.
The hangar at MFI is one of the boys favorite places to go. Here are a few pictures we took of them "helping" Daddy at work.
Anybody need to be towed?
Our little pilot in training.
Anybody want a ride when these mechanics are done?
After leaving the airport we headed for the Pumpkin Patch. This is how we import fall to S FL.
We are trying to smile, but this imported hay has ants in it and it's really hot out here.y
These pumpkins are really funny I just wish the FL sun didn't reflect off of them so brilliantly.
We're done with fall picture taking, let's go to the beach.
We finished out the week with a Pastor Appreciation service at church. We are so thankful for the leaders God has given us.
Well I hope this was enough to convince everyone of my sanity, cause who knows what I'll come up with next.

16 comments:

Misty said...

I always get a laugh out of your boys!! I wonder what Ethan's teacher would have said if you HAD stapled an apple to his head! LOL The pumpkin patch pics are cute...they look like they are enduring the photo process!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

The pictures are great. The one of the group that looks like they are in pain maybe a good choice for your Christmas cards. I have an idea about the shoe on the head. I think it can be done on storybook day. I will explain later. I will have to work on the stapled apple.

Liz said...

Awww..Kayla..Dylan's fat, little legs are so cute! His looks are changing it seems. I am sorry you can't have some cooler fall weather. Ours has been nice but still above average with the temperature. I am glad your dad got to visit with Barbara, although your mom said they had all been pretty sick. Great and very adorable pictures. I am so glad we are able to keep up with the boys growth this way. They are so funny but so very cute!

Unknown said...

Your boys are so cute. They don't look active at all! yeah, right.
:-)

Tara said...

Those are some very lovely Florida pumpkins....and right now our fall days consist of muggy, chilly rain. I wouldn't mind some of that sunshine! Great pics...and you're lookin' so good these days, girl! Love the blouse in the top pic.

Chris & Amy said...

Hey! My mom is loving it.. I think she'll be completely overwhelmed when we add two more next year. Brent's wife is due for #2 in January, and we just found out that we're due for #2 in June! I don't think she'll be able to handle it :). Your new pix are adorable... you give me hope for handling two.

Kimberly said...

Too cute!!...and I never thought you were "unnormal":)

I like the blouse too and look forward to being "twinkies" with you next summer:)

Twila G. said...

I love your pictures! Your boys are just too cute! We are having beautiful fall weather here in Kansas. Wish I could send you some!

A Moment in the Life of a Mother said...

Looking at the Pumpkin Patch pic's reminded me of Patricia today. There is a little place on US 1 that has some hay, corn stalks, and some mazes with a blow up pumpkin to jump in. They wanted a dollar for a kid to get in it and jump...Anyways, I took a picture of Tricia sitting on a bale of hay and when she stood up she started saying that bugs were biting her. When I got to her she had ants on her legs and they were a bitin. I was rather perturbed at that. Those ornery little creatures are EVERYWHERE!!!

The people who had this place wanted $12.50 for a bale of hay and $11.50 for corn stalks. Talk about inflation!! I couldn't believe it!! This coming from a girl who was lucky to get $2.00 for a bale in Ohio. Imagine my SHOCK!! Just to let you know, you will only see my painted pumpkins in front of my house as I REFUSED to pay that much money for hay. Ok. Off my soapbox. Loved the blog. See ya.

Betty said...

Love the pumpkin patch pictures. We too went there the other day to take the Mosenthins their car keys they had locked theirs in the car. So we let the kids jump in the pumpkin. I didn't have my camera with me though. Maybe we'll have to stop back for a photo opp. Didn't buy the pumpkins, we'll do walmart or something.
I also couldn't figure out for days where that alligator was. Finally saw it the other day down the road from my office.I don't think your crazy, just very creative. Maybe you could help Britt with a 90pg book she informed me of that she has to write at school.

Betty said...

By the way... love the new name. Maybe I should change mine to Sand On My Floor. I get so tired of walking in sand on my wood floor!

Charity said...

Great pix. I especially love the one of Dylan piloting the plane! Too fun...

lauralavon said...

You are a refreshing "normal" in my estimation. I enjoyed the pics too! They are poster material! You always make me chuckle. It's funny, but several of us noticed the blouse on you...very cute.
Keep the pictures of your little guys comin' our way! I loved the shoe hat idea! I'll be curious to see what Sherilyn comes up with! I would think that'll definitely be picture worthy!

Making Memories 1999 said...

LOVED the pictures!! They are great!! Keep 'em coming!!

(Oh, I've got to take some time out and catch on your blog!! I will, I will, I will!!) :-)

Kim M. said...

Love the pictures! I cracked up over wanting the shoe on his head and stapling an apple. Sounds like something my boys would say.

jenny said...

I, too, love the blouse. The pic on the old tractor is perfect...the last pic in the pumpkin patch is priceless (each face tells a tale)!