Monday, September 24, 2007

A New Alligator Hunter


For over a year now the world has mourned the loss of the "Alligator Hunter". Many have given up hope of a new hero for the future. Alas friends I bring good news. Up through the mist of no-seeums a new hero is rising. As you can see he knows no fear. Eight teeth have been cut on gator hide and we are hoping for a few more to come through in the future.


Well, Starbucks won 9 to 4. The vote wasn't really fair since Harold voted for Dunkin Donuts three, maybe four times. As you can see he doesn't have a preference. The only conclusion I can come to is that my readers are somewhat more sophisticated than I. I guess that I should be flattered, thanks for condescending to read what I have to say.
Life is quite busy these days, as I'm sure all of you know. I worked Wed, Thurs, and Sat. nights last week. I looked in the mirror this morning and thought "that cream was supposed to have been proven to reduce the signs of aging". Oh well, nothing a few good nights of sleep won't cure. Ethan is doing well in 1st grade this year. Harold is very devoted to being the one to help him with his homework every night, and Ethan is thriving on all the special one on one time. Collin is loving school, he is developing quite a little social life. His teacher told me the other day "You were so worried about him, and he is doing fine". We are so thankful that we realized his hearing problems and were able to get help for him before school age. Landon is staying home helping me. He loves to wash dishes and dust, so I am utilizing that as much as possible. He told my Mom the other day "Maw maw, I think my wisdom teeth are loose". Dylan is growing like a weed. When most babies start pulling up and trying to walk the mothers are so proud. I keep saying "no, don't do that, you're too little". I know that I can't keep him a baby forever, but it doesn't stop me from trying. We are going into another busy week with a wedding at the end. I will try to post some pictures as soon as I can. Well I must go, my bed awaits.

I've been tagged. Thanks Misty. I posted my seven things on the sidebar. I will follow the example of Kimberly and Sonja, and not tag anyone myself. This is mostly due to the fact that most everyone has already been tagged and I feel like it would be rude of me to take the few that are left.

18 comments:

Kimberly said...

I know an alligator in a cage that needs freeing...send Dylan on down!! Maybe Landon can come along to help out w/the dusting. Loved all the news, and I think you're lookin mighty fine:)
(But my personal theroy is that Starbucks works better that any cream...) Love Ya!

Misty said...

You've been tagged!! See my blog for details.

Dylan is such a cutie!

Liz said...

So Danielle is getting married this Saturday? I thought it was last...Bye the way I love your posts! I think what you have to say is very interesting and down to earth. It is real...so don't knock it. Yes i did take everyone kind of off guard in the pics on my blog. (in response to your?) Funny huh. tootles!

Tara said...

By Crikey..!! I think you've got a natural there!
Loved the post. Were you into Creative Writing in High School? You have a knack for it. The seven random facts were great. Would love to have heard you and Harold sing. :) And you're not fooling your friends at all: we all know you can sing.
Big dittos on the keeping my baby a baby thing. Seems impossible, though. So sad for this momma's heart. Love ya!

lauralavon said...

Enjoyed your post. It brought a smile...
I love the wild injuns pic near the bottom of your blog.
The seven facts were interesting.
Thanks for sharing!

Kimberly said...

Enjoyed the facts...and stop knocking your singing!

Marty said...

I'm the opposite...can't wait to have 3 teenage boys eating me out of house and home, increasing my insurance premiums, working with dad all day long...leaving me with an empty house! Ok, maybe I'm just wishing for a few minutes of blessed quietness!

Anonymous said...

Always look forward to your new posts. They bring me joy. :) I love the mental picture of Landon dusting and helping you around the house. Also enjoyed the 7 random facts. Congrats for not whining about having to do them (unlike some people I know).

Yay for Starbucks (that huge corporate giant taking over the world)!

jenny said...

I am so, so, so with you on keeping my baby a baby...but you see he has totally different ideas. I'm just soaking up the minutes because they are fleeting. The only time he is still enought to snuggle these days is when he is sleeping.

I've loved this random thoughts game...I think I must have a very "random" personality. What does soaking a venison roast in lemon juice due...I'm assuming tenderize...and I will have to try that soon...good tip.

Academic probation & the deans list...hilarious!!!

Twila G. said...

Your posts are so much fun to read!! I love your sense of humor. Glad your boys are doing well at school. Keep enjoying that positively adorable baby. I miss mine.

Julia said...

Kayla;

Watch your little hunter, remember it was something relitivley harmless that got Steve Erwin, watch those noseeums. :)
So glad to hear your boys are doing well in school. I'm not suprised since their parents are so smart. Academic probation or no, you are a very intelligent woman.

Tara said...

I vaguely remember something about that probation/dean's list thing. But I still don't know how it's possible. Care to enlighten us?

kayla said...

Jenny; The lemon juice is supposed to take away the wild flavor. I've not tried to cook wild game since. I don't mind eating it if someone else cooks it though.

Tara; I'm sure you remember that my social life was much more lively than my academic life. I ended up on academic probation and thought I better shape up, made all A's the next semester thus making the Dean's list. I am ashamed to admit that it more than that one semester to get me off probation. I look back on those days with fond memories and regrets. I would love to go back and sit through some of those classes now, but time won't allow. By the time I started nursing school I was able to work full time, be pregnant, and make decent grades at the same time. Wish I would have gotten my priorities straight sooner, but am glad to say that I have turned into a fairly responsible adult.

Random Lurkers; There are some of you reading this who call yourself my friends and yet I never get a comment. Let me hear from you.

Liz said...

For all who care or want to know...you can also cook venison with Keilbasa or any type of smoked sausage and not only does it take away a strong gamey taste but it also gives a great flavor to the meat. We often put some in when we do just a regular beef roast.

Queen Essie said...

Hello, Kayla :)
I have been enjoying your blog and your pix of your lil cuties! You are very real in the way you "talk" on your page and I find it refreshing! Plus, I enjoy your sense of humor - maybe because of my own weird sense of humor!
I am working on getting my blog set up, have pictures but no writings yet, so you'll have to hop over sometimes n take a peek.
Take care,
Esther a.k.a. Random Lurker

Kim M. said...

What an adorable picture!
I know what you mean about telling him not to pull up and crawl yet~~~~usually that's when disaster strikes. I remember one day when Justin poured a can of cocoa on the carpet and then I tried to vacuum it. It made me doubt the quality of my vacuum cleaner because the cocoa went airborne! NOT good for the lungs!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kayla,
I was tagged too! You are welcome to visit my blog to check it out.

I also wanted to know if I could add you to my friend's list? You are welcome to do the same.
Thanks! --Jen

Anita Marie said...

I just watched Danielle's wedding live via the internet. It was beautiful. You all must be so proud. While I'm typing this message you are probably making your way over to the reception. The internet is amazing like that.