Monday, September 17, 2007

"Going To The Chapel"




On Sept. 29 our family will add a new member. Most of you will remember my niece Danielle. She was the flower girl in our wedding eleven years ago. It is hard to believe that she is now old enough to walk down the aisle herself. Her fiance's name is Sean Adams. They met last year through a mutual friend, and quickly realized that it was to be more than a friendship. Sean is a new Christian and it is so refreshing to see his hunger to know more about God. They are some of my boys favorite people. There is no end to the excitement in our house when Sean and Danielle come over.
As I said before the big day is Sept. 29. The preparations are well underway. Harold was very flattered to have been asked to be a groomsman. Ethan is the Bible Bearer and Collin is the Miniature Groom. We are all trying to help where we are needed, but keep Carla in your prayers as the brunt of the stress falls on her.

Last Thurs. night MaryEllen, Lenita, Jan, and I had the privelige of hosting the Bridal Shower. We were very sorry that Jan wasn't able to be there. I think it turned out very nice, and Danielle was overwhelmed with all the gifts.

Here all the ladies on Harold's side of the family, except for Kelly .

Danielle with a group of her closest friends.

Please keep them in your prayers as they make this lifelong commitment.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Danielle! It hardly seems possible, but I am more and more aware of the passage of time. Great wedding pic! Brought back many memories. I think I am just about ready to launch into a rousing chorus of Keeper of the Stars!

CrazieChrisa said...

You guys did a GREAT job on the party!!! It was really good!!!

Betty said...

Looks like a nice time. Nicely decorated! These kids just grow up way too fast! Won't be long and that could be me marrying one off. SCARY!

Marty said...

It is so hard to believe that she is this old! Did you hear Christa and David are now officially engaged? See my new blog!

I would love to come to Florida, but Christa is flying and the kids, the husband, work,....should I continue to list my reason why I CAN'T come? Oh, to be monetarily (sp) rich so that I could go whenever the urge hit me! I would definetly be gone alot!!

Thanks for sharing your post!

Kimberly said...

Great pics. of you and of Danielle! As for Dunkin Donuts, alas we don't have one in this town..i know it's good, but not much beats Starbucks in my book..(except maybe PJ's, only here in LA:)

Liz said...

Oh...I can't believe it! I have her on my space and have kept up that way. I feel old..I used to babysit her and Kelly! Congrats Danielle...pretty shower...

Liz said...

Kayla...I commented on Tara's blog that there isn't anything wrong with a romantic, country song that encourages hat tipping and star keeping...lol! Not sure where all that came from....crazy mood I guess

lauralavon said...

I enjoyed the pictures even though I don't know everybody in them!
Starbucks wins by a large margin in my book! : )

Tara said...

I enjoyed the pics very much. Having just completed the wedding rush around here, I know what ya'll are in for the next couple of weeks....Blessings on you!

As for the coffee thing...I actually saw a report not too long ago, that in "blind" taste tests, even people who THINK that Starbucks is their favorite coffee voted for something else. Folgers was first, and if I recall Dunkin Donuts was second. Starbucks was way down on the list. People were quite surprised by their own taste buds!
Love ya!

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

The shower turned out so nice. You did a great job of decorating. My congratulations to both of them. I am cracking up at the comments about different types of coffee . Did I miss something? Your blog was about an upcoming wedding. I didn't want to miss out on the vote, so here goes. I hate all coffee. I am a tea drinker.

Julia said...

Hey, enjoyed this post, although I'm feeling pretty old now. She's turned out to be a beautiful girl. So happy for her.

The Dickinsons said...

Congrats to your family member. It was fun to see pics of you and Lenita too.
I've been sewing away and just made 10 skirts for some of the little girls in one of our churches.

Take care,
Love, Heather

H.O.P.E. said...

Hello Kayla, I see things don't slow down any down there in Florida. Sure miss being down there. Beautiful picture of you on your wedding day. Oh by the way sorry I didn't do the coffee thing I do "tea". Thanks for sharing! Love & Prayers, Eileen