Monday, August 6, 2007

Follow Up

Now that the laundry is done and we are back on a somewhat normal routine I will take time to tell the "rest of the story". We left Altamont, KS on Wed. and headed for a few days of family fun in Branson. We camped out in a state park nearby.

From there we headed to Kansas City on Sat. We had the privilege of having dinner with Twila and Kieth. They took us to a really cool dinasour restaurant. The kids loved it. We were at a church in Kansas City that Sun. morning and then in Ottawa that evening. The service started at 7:30 because there is a family in the church who own a huge dairy farm, and they have to get the evening chores done before church. We got there early enough to take the boys to watch the evening milking. Thus the picture on me and the cow in the last post. We really bonded.

On Mon morning we left our little trailer in KS and headed for Colorado. We spent Tuesday in Colorado Springs. We took the boys to Odessy, which is way too cool, then we drove into the "cold mountains". (Collinese) Pikes Peak is really cold in the summer, the boys actually got to play in the snow.
On Wed night we had a service in Delta, CO. It was nice to be with Nathan and Amy. Since she is the cook at Seabreeze Campmeeting we were treated to lots of good food. From there we headed toward Idaho, with one overnight campout near Salt Lake City. On Sat we had the Alumni Reunion for Hobe Sound Bible College. It was wonderful to visit with old friends. We were disappointed that quite a few were out of town. We stayed with Brent and Rochenda. Since she is one of my nearest and dearest it was wonderful to spend some quality time together. They took us to a rodeo that night and the boys thought they had died and gone to heaven.

We were in Emmett on Sun morning and in Nampa that evening. Then on Tues we drove two hours through the mountians to McCall, which I must is gorgeous country. We were at a church there that night and then back in Boise for Wed. night. We left that night after the service and began the long drive back to LA in order to be in Shreveport Sun morning. We are so thankful for God's protection over us. He is so faithful. We arrived back in FL on Mon night and our beds have never looked so good.
We got to go to our church on Wed night. Harold was standing in the back with Landon who looked at him very innocently and said "Dad, do you remember when we used to go to this church?". I think we'll stay home for awhile.
I'll post some more random pictures at the bottom for anyone interested.

12 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I thought the barn looked familiar in the other picture but I didn't know you had been in that area so thought it must have been a different one! We were there this summer too - one of the sisters in the family is Louis Hoerner, she is Rick's aunt! Her husband Paul is Mom Huff's sister. We've been there twice - it is a very cool farm isn't it? How funny that you guys were there just a few weeks after us.

Sounds like a great trip and I really enjoyed all your pictures. Welcome back!

Misty said...

Good to see your pictures, I am tired just reading about your travels. I love Landon's comment....too cute!

Kimberly said...

All the pics are great, as is your commentary! But I think you need to add the funny pic of us eating jambalaya:)

Betty said...

Sounds like you had a few good days to enjoy. Although I know there's never enough time to just chill and do all you want to do. Don't you wish time and money were endless sometimes?Glad your back in the groove of everyday life.

Anonymous said...

Loved the pics. They make it look fun! Thanks for sharing. As for Landon's comment, I kind of feel that way about GBS. It's been a long summer. I vaguely remember when I used to live here. :)

jenny said...

So glad you're home and even happier that your travels were sane. Looks like you had a lot of fun along the way. Once you've rested up you'll actually be able to remember it all.

Truckin Teeds said...

Glad you guys had a safe and fun deputation tour. Let us know if you saw anything REALLY cool while you were out...we may get by there someday and want to see it too. :o)

Julia said...

Verne;

So good to see photos and an update on your trip. You truly amaze me. I personally LOVE the photo with you and the cow..what was her name? Glad you all are home safely.

Florida Bozone Bunch said...

Well, we made it home too. We will have to sit and chat about all of our exciting times this summer on the road. After we got home Saturday night and went to bed, I became disoriented in the middle of the night. I woke up and couldn't remember where the bathroom was. It dawned on me that I was home. Oh yes, the bathroom is straight ahead. I am so glad to be back home.

Marty said...

So glad tha you made it home safe...sounds like a wonderful time with friends along the way! I pray that the Lord will bless you richly for your travels!!!

Kelly S said...

I know I already left a comment for this post. That happens to me all the time. I later go back and see my comments are missing - not just your blog. Oh well, such is my luck:)

Enjoyed your updates and the cute pic of your "buff" little man.

Travis said...

Harold, good to see you last Sunday! Hope things are going great for your family. Sounds like you had a fun vacation last month!