Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kid Quotes

Someone told me several weeks ago that I should start a blog to record the things my kids say. I promise not to dedicate every post to their ridiculous comments, but please allow me to share a few. I know that Harold and I have a demented sense of humor, but maybe someone else will enjoy these also.

Ethan describing the cake I was making. "Ya know Mom, that looks like it would be good for soldiers to take into battle and throw at the enemy".
Collin eating a food that he really doesn't like. "Dear Jesus please save me from this strawberry."
Landon in that quiet moment when the special song has just ended and the preacher is not yet to the pulpit. Very audibly says "underwear."
Ethan before the baby dedication. "We're having the baby dedicated just like they were dedicated to the proposition where all men are created equal."
Collin singing. "Keep me burning till the break of day. Sing....sing....Dad, what was that girl's name again?"

Ethan greeting Harold as he comes home from work. "Well Dad, the baby lost his electric cord today."

Having his tonail clipped. "I should have bit them today."

13 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Cute quotes from your kids. Don't kids just crack you up! They are so fun and hilarious!

love, Heather =)

Tara said...

I really enjoyed reading these, Kayla. Especially since I can just HEAR their voices saying those things! Wonder whose kids they are?!?

Kimberly said...

Keep the quotes coming!! Do the one about Ethan and the "electrical cord"..can't believe how much Dylan's grown!! I have saved some bread and jam for you...(and crawfish for Ethan:)

Anita Marie said...

Happy to see you in the blogging world. I found out about your site through Julia's site. Hope you remember me. I attended HSBC 90-95 as a Missions Major.

Anita (Kerr)Dalkin

Anonymous said...

Yeah for your quotes! May their tribe increase. I actually giggled out loud at one point. Thanks for the happy moment!

sherryldickinson said...

Your kids are not only funny but they are smart. I enjoyed reading your blog for the first time today. As someone else mentioned previously, please do post a picture of your husband and you, so us unknowns will know whose writings we are reading. Thanks lots! Sherry/Bud Dickinson in Phoenix, AZ

Julia said...

Kayla;

Loved the quotes, keep them coming. I also love all the pictures of the boys, however, the baby with the glasses is my favorite! By the way, did the cake taste OK?

Marty said...

Kayla,

Love the pictures! I guess we all need to write down the sayings our kids make...maybe we could write a combined book! Title?.....The Second Generation of The Inner Ring...I do think their might be repercusions from that one line! Love ya!

The Dickinsons said...

Kayla, LOVE THE FAMILY PIC! HOW FUN!!! I love seeing pictures of the families on my friends blogs...even if it's in the FORM OF OTTERS...like Julia's pic. HA!

Love, Heather

Making Memories 1999 said...

I'd love to meet "Hosanna" too!! I LOVE the quotes!!! Keep 'em coming!!

Julia said...

Love the family pict. SO happy.

Kimberly said...

Hey...glad you got the fam. pic. up..really good!!

carla said...

Love the quotes!!